By participating in any competition, you agree to the use of pictures and videos taken during the event by JPiC.
- Arrival time set 20 minutes prior to the start of the competition.
- Puzzle boxes are placed face down before the competition starts.
- No one gets to see the puzzle until the timer begins. Turning over the puzzle, opening the box and beginning puzzling before the start of the competition will result in disqualification.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place at the end of the competition.
- Once the winners are declared, the participants still competing will be ranked by the number
of loose pieces remaining.
- Competitors get to keep the puzzle they worked on and must collect their belongings
before leaving the competition area.
- Competitors can choose to take the time to complete the puzzle just for fun
after official ranking is noted.
- While working on a puzzle, the use of any puzzle tools, spatulas, flashlights, cell phones, any devices or outside assistance other than the accessories provided by JPiC will result in disqualification.
- Competitors are permitted to use the puzzle box as a tool
for sorting or moving puzzle pieces.
- While the competition is in progress, participants are not allowed to distract
or approach other tables.
- When you or your team are close to finishing, please raise your hand and a representative of JPiC will come to your table to watch you finish and record your time.
- Members of JPiC organization will be handling the timer and completion times, observing and monitoring the area, and ensuring that competitors are abiding by the rules.
Singles (Friday, July 8th, 2022) 18+
Each participant tries to assemble the same 500-piece puzzle in the best possible time within a maximum period of 3 hours or until five participants complete the puzzle.
Doubles (Saturday, July 9th, 2022) 18+
Each pair tries to assemble the same 500-piece puzzle in the best possible time
within a maximum period of 2 hours or until five pairs complete the puzzle.
Teams (Sunday, July 10th, 2022) 18+
Each Team is made up of four people. Each Team tries to assemble the same 1000-piece puzzle in the best possible time within a maximum period of 2 hours or until five teams complete the puzzle.
Teens Teams (12 to 17 years old) (Saturday, July 9th, 2022)
Each Teen Team is made up of two people. Each Junior Team tries to assemble the same 500-piece puzzle in the best possible time within a maximum period of 2,5 hours or until five Teens Teams complete the puzzle.
Children’s Teams (5 to 11 years old) (Sunday, July 10th, 2022)
Each Children’s Team is made up of two people. Each Children’s Team tries to assemble the same 300-piece puzzle in the best possible time within a maximum period of 2,5 hours or until five Children’s Teams
complete the puzzle.
ULTIMATE CHALLENGE (18+)
The TEAM has 3 days (July 8, 9 &10, 2022) to complete the world’s largest jigsaw puzzle, Travel Around Art by Grafika, and try setting a world record! Participants can choose to take a break at anytime or participate in other competitions if they wish. There must be one TEAM member present at all times in the designated area. To be eligible to receive a cash prize, each participant in the Ultimate Challenge must actively work on building the 54,000 piece jigsaw puzzle for minimum 8 hours over the 3-day convention. Participants must sign in and out of the UC area so their time can be logged. Challenge starts at 8 A.M and stops at 11 P.M on July 8 and 9, 2022 and starts at 8 A.M and ends at Noon on July 10, 2022. Assembly of the completed puzzle will take place between Noon and 2 P.M on July 10, 2022. Participants must meet on July 7, 2022 at the LVCC South Hall S1 with JPiC Management between 4 and 6 P.M for a briefing and to establish the strategy and set-up their ideal environment to puzzle.